Welcome to Belmont Uniting Church
Nestled in the southern suburb of Geelong along the Barwon River, we are a welcoming, inclusive and vibrant community of faith. Commissioned by the Lord Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to share God’s love in the world, we cherish our long history of worship and service in our local community and beyond.
At Belmont Uniting Church, you will find a spiritual home filled with loving people, smiling children, inspiring choir, engaging storytelling, compassionate care and people making a difference in the world.
Response to COVID 19
In response to COVID 19, the BUC Church Council has adopted these recommendations effective immediately:
- That worship services for March and April be suspended immediately.
- That all study and fellowship activities and groups be suspended immediately.
- That no further bookings be taken for the use of the Halls.
- That the Property Committee and the Booking Officer contact those with Hall bookings to determine whether or not they plan to continue using the Halls what strategies they have in place to meet the requirements for social distance and infection control what plans they have for ensuring the Halls are sanitised after use and report to the Executive as soon as possible on their findings
- That the Finance Committee assess options for members to continue their planned giving, including the feasibility of electronic funds transfer
- That the Church Council meeting planned for 14 April be postponed.
- That in accordance with Regulation 3.7.1(c) specific power to act be granted to the Executive to exercise the following responsibilities of Church Council: sharing with the Minister(s) in mission and in the pastoral care and spiritual oversight of the Congregation making decisions in accordance with the Regulations concerning baptism, confirmation and membership, and the keeping and reviewing of the rolls of the Congregation determining the time and place of services of public worship
- That Council give permission for the baptism of Leilani Una Nean Tamani to be conducted at her parent’s home on 22 March
- That Council request the Executive to prepare recommendations for the conduct of funerals
You may read the Church Council full statement here:
A Pastoral Letter from our Moderator Rev Denise Liersch
Communications from the General Secretary Rev Dr Mark Lawrence
Communications from the Presbytery of Port Phillip West
Pastoral Letter from the President of our National Assembly, Dr Deidre Palmer - Pastoral_Letter_in_regards_to_COVID1